TONY RUSSELL // VETERAN TV REPORTER & DIGITAL JOURNALIST
Skills: Live television reporting field/studio, Adobe Premiere 5.5, Final Cut Pro, Grass Valley Edius, Avid Newscutter, Bitcentral/OASIS, Panasonic HPX-370, Sony PMW-320/350 ENG Camera, Sony EX-3, Adobe Audition, Cool Edit Pro, Jutel Radio Man, Avid Newscutter, Avid iNews, AP ENPS,WorldNow, Internet Broadcasting Web Publisher, Accelerated Media Technologies Horizon DT microwave/SNG truck, TEC microwave truck. Dejero, TVU and LiveU.
• Nightside Reporter, KJRH-TV, Tulsa, OK, April 2017 to January 2019 .
Nightside reporter covering daily turn and enterprise assignments. I cover breaking news, weather and several metro beats.
- Deployed with the corporate disaster response ‘jump team’ for Hurricane Irma coverage in 2017. Hurricane coverage made national news on NBC News “Today” when a dolphin was rescued on Marco Island, Fla.
- First Tulsa station and reporter to respond to the Duck Boat tragedy on Table Rock Lake in Summer 2018.
• Senior Nightside Reporter, KOTV-TV, Tulsa, OK, May 2013 to Feb 2017 .
Nightside reporter covering daily turn and enterprise assignments for a top CBS affiliate in a metro market. Managed three metro beats and political beats.
• Reporter, KHBS/KHOG-TV, Fort Smith, AR, March 2011 to May 2013.
Multimedia journalist covered live nightside and weekday morning show assignments.
• Video Journalist, WMBF-TV, Myrtle Beach, SC, May 2010 to August 2010
Newscast editor, fill-in reporter.
• Intern, CBS News, Washington, D.C., Summer 2009
I worked with the producers and reporters at CBS Evening News Weekend Edition. I worked with CBS Radio National correspondents, researched stories and booked guests for interviews.
• Intern, CBS Radio Affiliate KMOX-AM, Saint Louis, MO, Winter 2008
Worked in the KMOX Newsroom. I learned to write and file stories for the hourly newscasts. I also conducted interviews for radio news stories.
• Intern, Fox News Channel, Washington, D.C., Summer 2008
Worked with the senior producer for the U.S. House of Representatives. Worked at the D.C. Bureau Booking Unit and assisted correspondents.
University of Mississippi Oxford, MS Bachelor of Arts, December 2010, Major:
Journalism (Broadcast) Minor: French
Awards and Activities: 2017 Oklahoma Assocation of Broascasters Spot News: Wildfire Coverage (station). Arkansas Associated Press Awards: 2011, 2012. The Fund for
American Studies Journalism Fellow (2014). The Fund for American Studies 2008 Summer
Institute on Political Journalism. Mississippi Association of Broadcasters: 2008 Silver Award.
Due to privacy and security issues. Please contact me below if you would like to talk about future career opportunities.